We took a gap month in February, but that's because we were heads down in the lab cooking up something big.
Now we're back with a blown out double. A kitchen sink release with something for everyone. Think of this as our Exile on Main Street. Our Songs in the Key of Life. Our Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness. Our Speakerboxxx/The Love Below. Our Use Your Illusion, I AND II. Our White Album, even, but without the 8-minute sound collage. All killer. No filler. You get the point. Let's get to it...
Side 1: All Together Now
New User Pages
Let's start with a makeover. A stylistic evolution, if you will. We've overhauled the users pages at the project and account levels to empower bulk actions (more on this below), improve admin visibility, and, generally, create a more user friendly experience. Now you can add or remove users, update their permissions, and apply time-based access from one streamlined command station. Take a look...
Bulk User Invites and Actions
Adding users one at a time to your Logikcull account or project is awesome. Because who doesn't want to spend a Sunday afternoon mastering command+C? But in the event you have other things to do, you may find some utility in the new bulk user invite function. It works basically the same way as individual invites, only... You do it once. Got a list of email addresses? Copy them in the invite box and voilà.
"But wait," you may be thinking, "do I still have to assign permissions one-by-one once I've invited users in?"
Ah, of course not! This is an Oprah-style "YOU GET A PROJECT ADMIN! AND YOU GET A PROJECT ADMIN! AND YOU GET A PROJECT ADMIN!" situation where everyone gets everything at the same time all at once. Bulk permissions, FTW. Take a look...
And finally, multiple users can now be simultaneously removed from projects or accounts. Check this out...
User Address Book
Our User Address Book is the first of its kind in the discovery software landscape. So look for it in Relativity's release notes next month! HEYO!
Ah, we kid, of course. But this feature is no joke. It works as the name would suggest. We've embedded an address book in your Logikcull account, so you can automatically recall and add users you've previously added without having to re-enter their information.
For more, check out our in-depth FAQ on adding and removing users.
Side 2: The Download Spiral
Advanced Sort for Downloads
We live in a world where T̶r̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶R̶e̶z̶n̶o̶r̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶s̶c̶o̶r̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶D̶i̶s̶n̶e̶y̶ ̶f̶i̶l̶m̶s̶ data is exploding, and its components are growing increasingly more complex. That means the parameters by which productions must be delivered are growing increasingly more complex.
Previously, users needing to, for instance, sort downloads by tag or file path or file size or some combination thereof, would need to export these fields in a CSV and pray to the Excel gods to have mercy on their souls. Now, sorting your downloads by any number of metadata criteria is as easy as drag-and-drop. Or as our CEO so eloquently put it, "You can create an incredibly complicated sort... without a lot of complication." Check this out...
Side 3: Apple Jam
Today, 55% of businesses use Apple devices. The other 45% use stone tablets and sundials. We now support work product from the former, if not the latter, which means you can drag and drop Pages, Numbers and, yes, Keynote files into Logikcull from your iPhone, iPad, Macintosh Plus, Powerbook, eMate 300, iBook, Mac Mini, Macbook Pro, or any other Apple or non-Apple device for that matter.
Side 4: Swat Down in Flames
Password Character Requirement Rolled Back to 12 from 15
User-generated profanity also down 20%.
Improved Support for HEIC Image Rendering
HEIC is Apple's proprietary image file for iOS 11 or later. We shipped HEIC support in October, but "a regression in an underlying package used for rendering" (says Engineer Zach) resulted in the application of a weird sepia tone that made these files look like stills from the "Smells Like Teen Spirit" video. This alleged "bug" has been fixed, and now your HEIC files are less badass looking. Thanks, Zach.
Expansion of Document Results
You now have the option to show up to 100 results in the documents feed on the search tab -- up from 50.
Icy Printer Button Thawed in Chrome
If you're a Chrome user, you'll be pleased to know the application no longer freezes solid when you press the print button from within the doc viewer.
Stray Line in Download Form Has Found a Home
It just needed a little love and padding.
For more feature awesomeness and a glimpse into what's coming down the pike, be sure to check out our spring launch event, Power Up, a recording of which is below.